Friday, January 16, 2015

Kale Lentil Soup

I love lentil soup out of a can... so I knew I would love homemade Lentil soup even more! Plus we had a bag of Kale that needed to be used before it went bad.

(1) bag of lentils (any color is fine).

(2) cartons of low sodium chicken broth.

(1) pureed tomato

(1/2) bag of chopped kale (or a bunch chopped up).

(3-4) carrots cut into bit size pieces.

(1) chopped onion (small for those you need to hide onion from, lol).

(1) chopped bell pepper.

(1) celery stalk chopped (I chop mine super tiny and fine because I'm not a celery fan).

(2-4) bay leaves.

Throw all of this into your biggest crock pot (I use a 7quart) and cook it for 8-10 hours. You may have to squoosh the kale down- it will float up and seem like it will overflow but it won't. Add black pepper or red pepper for taste. Pick out the bay leaves!

I scooped several scoops into individually sized freezer safe gladware... had some for lunches and froze several for later. The daughter loved it ♡

***pic below is "before" it was cooked***

No comments:

Post a Comment