Saturday, January 17, 2015

Baked Sausage, Spinach, Cheddar Egg Muffins

If you're like me, mornings are a struggle. Even with "waking up" early during the week... that doesn't necessarily mean I get up... With that said, I admit it... I am a horrible morning mother leaving our child to his own vices (frozen waffles or cold cereal). I'm also not the best breakfast cooker- I cannot fry eggs (forget keeping the yolk intact let alone runny, omelets are a nightmare for me, my pancakes are not the roundest or most evenly cooked, and forget French toast! People "think" that I'm a good cook- what they don't realize is that if it involves patience or true technique, I'm really not all that great... WHY I bake 95% of the foods I make, lol.

Why these muffins appealed to me on pinterest- not to mention it cooks TWELVE eggs at once!

(1) muffin tin.

(12) large eggs.

(1) Jimmy Dean roll of sausage.

(2) cups of chopped fresh spinach.

(1) cup shredded cheddar.

● Preheat oven to 350°

● Cook sausage on stove top... if you're a freak about grease like I am... when you drain the fat, you can also rinse it off the meat.

● Spray muffin tin.

●  Evenly disperse sausage into bottom of tins.

● Sprinkle cheese over sausage.

● Sprinkle chopped spinach over cheese.

● Crack an egg over each cup.

● Bake for 20-30 minutes.

Another easy peasy recipe! You can also alter it by adding other meats or veggies... or skip the egg yolks like I would for myself.

After they cooled, I threw them all in a Tupperware and the son has been nuking them for 1 minute and eating 2 every morning for the last 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment