Saturday, January 24, 2015

Crockpot Chicken

This has become one of little man's favorite meals... no matter how I season the chicken!

To appease the husband, we used an organic whole chicken. To be honest, the only difference that I noticed is that this one produced A LOT more oil than the non-organic chicken that I usually buy... so if you've been reading along, you know my issue with greasiness so needless to say, I skipped on this meal!

But the hub and son loved it... chicken... potatoes... carrots... in all it's greasiness, lol. If you're not a freak like me, you'll like it like the boys did :)

● 5-7 quart crockpot
● 5-10lb whole chicken
● 4 red potatoes halved or quartered
● 10-20 baby carrots
● Jar of salsa or diced tomatoes
● Chili powder
● Minced Onions

○ Use a crockpot liner or spray the inside of your crockpot.
○ Place unfozen or thawed chicken inside (make sure you remove any "parts" bags stuffed in the cavity).
○ Place vegetables around the chicken.
○ Pour salsa over everything.
○ Sprinkle w/ seasonings.
○ Cover and cook for 6-10 hours depending on when you stick yours in the pot and what time you want dinner!

I leave the house at 7am and by 6pm, this is ready for the three of us to chow down. The pic below is "before" I left for work... isn't it pretty? The meat is always tender. And there is always enough for seconds or for lunches or leftovers!

My favorite is coating the chicken w/ a packet of dry Italian seasoning and sprinkling over veggies too- great flavor! So many different... easy ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment