Saturday, October 11, 2014

Broccoli Spinach Quinoa Soup

What do you do when raw spinach is starting to wilt? Make soup!

I saw a few different spinach soup recipes on Pinterest but I have to admit that I am NOT a fan of cooked loose leaf spinach... something about the texture grosses me out... so boiling it (about 4 cups is my guess) with 1/2 cup of quinoa, 2 cups of broccoli, salt, pepper, and a few dashes of hot sauce until the quinoa is soft... draining it, then pureeing it in the blender makes a thick no leafy soup that tastes GREAT!

I know it looks GROSS... and cooking it, the concoction also stinks, but the blended taste of broccoli and spinach with a touch of salt, pepper, and hot sauce is actually quite tasty! And the quinoa works as a good filler- I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment